[mythtv-users] How to raise priority of ticket 13459?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 23:48:13 UTC 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:44 PM Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

Random suggestions follow.....

> Does anyone know a workaround?

Try the devel/2019-render branch, where a lot
of the playback code has changed.  If it is not
reproducible there, no one is likely to investigate
legacy code (for the legacy code is all going away
RSN).

And try transcoding your NUVs to a more common
container rather than something that is (in practice)
EOL(*).  There are even utilities to do so.

> How do I make this ticket more visible to developers?

Provide a patch.  If it impacts lots of others,
someone should be able to provide a patch,
or create a git bisect to identify the exact change
(be aware that if it is in a FFMpeg merge you
will need to do a git bisect on FFMpeg).

> What extra information will help?

As mentioned above, git bisect.  Asking someone
else to do that work for you is not entirely likely
to help things move forward.

Opening tickets when you encounter issues
is the right thing to do, but expecting anyone
else to re-prioritize your particular issue by
continuously saying "Hey, look at me" is not
the way to go for open source projects which
are based on volunteers addressing their
itch.

(*) When MythTV is the "definitive" definition
of a container format (i.e. the last one standing),
one needs to seriously believe that it should be
considered dead.  If it was up to me I would
abandon the NUV format entirely.