[mythtv-users] Upgraded to fixes/30, nvidia vdpau displaying at wrong refresh rates

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 19:09:11 UTC 2019

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 15:30, TimP <mythtv at corky.co> wrote:

> On 2019-11-08 16:52, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > I am using MythTV v30+fixes on Ubuntu 18.04.  My xrandr command says
> > it is version 1.5.0:
> >
> > stephen at mypvr:~/.mythtv$ xrandr -v
> > xrandr program version       1.5.0
> > Server reports RandR version 1.5
> >
> > But it does not have the --s1 and --s12 options available:
> >

> I also get the same from xrandr, the --s1 and --s12 must be debian
> additions for older Xservers. I wonder if there is something in
> libxrandr-dev that I have to tweak? Are you using the nvidia drivers?
>  From reading up on the internet it seems that nvidia had their own stuff
> for non-integer refresh rates before the randr X11 extension and I might
> be using that.

I wasn't aware of the --s1/--s12 options on Debian's xrandr (part of
the x11-xserver-utils) package, and don't see any patches for xrandr
to provide them on Debian stretch. I'm curious if this is/was a
vanilla Debian-provided xrandr?

According to the manpage, the xrandr options to force the 1.1/1.2
RandR protocols are --q1 and --q12 respectively.

Cheers,
Nick