[mythtv-users] live TV plays, recordings fail

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:30:38 UTC 2019

On 11/1/19 9:15 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 9:51 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com <mailto:oliver.greg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:39 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Greetings mythizens, I'm swapping things around, a clone of a still functional 250Gb SSD onto a 120Gb SSD (80Gb partition) as the
>         subject says plays live RV, but recordings fail!? Any ideas?    TIA  Daryl
>
>         Ubuntu 18.04 myth 0.29 combined FE/BE
>

>     The mount point must not be in a storage group like it used to be...  All I can think of.

 > exiting BE would IIRC warn if that were the case, but I exit clean. Everything I see from Google is the other way around, live TV fails so when
 > I could see live I thought I was golden, until news failed to record. A real head scratcher.

Perhaps you meant exiting mythtv-setup. But the permission check is based
on the user running it. Try to record something and look in the BE log.

Also, the BE log will warn about Storage Directory permissions at startup. Actually, I'd
check that 1st. [assumes the BE has been restarted after the Storage
Group addition]

--
Bill