[mythtv-users] leanfront-mythtv experimental Android TV application

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:20:18 UTC 2019

On 01/11/2019 11:12, James Abernathy wrote:
> I've been playing with the newest version of leanfront  for the Shield
> TV which I found at:
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/
>
> I have notice 2 versions.  The original version posted in August was
> under the  mythtv_leanfront/android directory as leanfront-v0-14....
>
> The newest I find is under the directory android/ as leanfront-v0-31-...
>
> The v0-31 version now has more settings for skip and rewind. I had it
> working well until I did something, not sure what. But I seem to have
> left it in a confused state.  I can sort of recover with a forced stop.
>
> I wondering if the key sequence I use to do the skip could be a cause. I
> press the up arrow to bring up the overlay menu and move the highlight
> to the >> option. Pressing the select skips forward 60 sec for each
> press. Moving to highlight the << option, then each press of select
> rewinds 20 seconds. The overlay menu goes away in a few seconds.
>
> ideas?
>
> Not sure where feedback/discussion of leanfront is collected or if it's
> too premature for that.
>
> Jim A

Thanks for the pointer to this.  I had found only the older v0-14, and
assumed that Peter was doing more of his own testing before making a new
post.

v0-31 is now on my FireTVstick 4k and first impressions are good.  Its
backend (Fedora 30, render2019 branch) has 452 recordings and selection
worked out-of-the-box; but skipping seems broken for me too.  The >> is
highlighted but does nothing, while << goes back to the beginning. h264
playback is excellent.

More experiments later.

John P

John P