[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed May 29 16:47:03 UTC 2019

Folks!

Yeah, me still! First, a big Thank You! to Bill and Stephen for getting
my new Backend going. Recording, playing back fine, but only at the
Backend computer; at this point I’m not able to connect from a remote
Frontend.

The Backend’s config..xml is set for <Host>localhost</Host>.

The remote Frontend is configured for 192.168.0.3 (BE’s address) and
sees this with the Search button:

    MythTV AV Media Server         30.20181231-1 (unlocked

    91 padlock)

 From my work computer (neither a Backend nor Frontend) using Firefox to
192.168.0.3 I get an “unable to connect” message –no webpage like if I
look to the old backend. I can ping to Backend-3 (192.168.0.3).

I would guess the problem is Backend-3 (192.168.0.3) need to have the
config changed to that IP but at this point I’d rather wait and get a
correct answer from the experts than screw things up again.

Also have the Terminal output from the *mythfrontend* command earlier
this morning at https://pastebin.com/P3Wk3qZJ . Noticed an error line
re: LIRC which Stephen mentioned the other day. Just another reason for
me to chicken out and ask for help!

TIA!

Barry