[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun May 26 21:31:09 UTC 2019

Hi Folks!

Was able to configure the Backend – left as localhost or 127.0.01 –
forgot which (system has been turned off). Configuration went properly.

Mythfrontend ( via Terminal ==> easier to escape if problems): .Unable
to connect to master backend

Output of mythfrontend command at https://pastebin.com/QyPge8pQ

This is the Frontend installed as part of the Backend – same machine
(Backend-3), assigned a static IP of 192.168.0.3. Ethernet cable was
connected, config.xml set to localhost (else 127.0.0.1). My guess is it
needs to be set back to 192.168.0.3 but I’m holding off based on what
I’m told! It’s almost working; I don’t want to backtrack!

We're getting there!!

Barry