[mythtv-users] Tuning fails on Nova S2 HD with "Error parsing parameters" 29.1

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat May 25 18:04:22 UTC 2019

I've been using MythTV for many years now, with the same set of three
capture devices, while upgrading the OS on a regular basis and taking on
new MythTV versions (although not yet 30). I tried to perform a retune
the other day and it failed on just one of the capture devices (an old
Nova S2 HD). I get a message box appear saying "Error parsing
parameters". I can see no errors in the logs. The other devices, a Nova
T 500 and a Nanostick, are both working fine. All three devices record
perfectly well; the problem is only with tuning. I'm using v 29.1

Anybody have any advice? Anyone know of any MythTV changes that may have
caused this, or how best to track down the cause.

Cheers,
	Paul.