[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed May 22 00:49:54 UTC 2019

Hi Stephan!

MariaDB [(none)]> show grants;

The [(none)] above is because you haven't selected a database on the
command line. Not a problem.
Yes, you need to select a database for a database name to show up in
the prompt as the current database. To do that, you can add the
database name at the end of the "mysql" command:

mysql mythconverg

or use the -D option:

mysql -D mythconverg

Or at the MariaDB prompt, do this:

use mythconverg;

    barry at Backend-3:~$ mysql mythconverg

    ERROR 1698 (28000): Access denied for user 'barry'@'localhost'

    barry at Backend-3:~$ sudo mysql

    [sudo] password for barry:

    Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.

    Your MariaDB connection id is 116

    Server version: 10.1.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 Ubuntu 18.04

    Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

    Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
    statement.

    MariaDB [(none)]> mysql mythconverg

    -> use mythconverg;

    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
    manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right
    syntax to use near 'mysql mythconverg

    use mythconverg' at line 1

    MariaDB [(none)]>

        Looks like something didn’t ‘click’ as got the [(none)] but
        apparently good something happened as seen in the next step.

But before the mythconverg database existed, those commands would not
work, so I did not put selecting a database into the commands I gave you.
		Makes sense.
So, from what I can see in the pastebin log, the mythconverg database
should have been created and populated. To check that, you can try these
commands:

sudo mysql
show databases;
use mythconverg;
show tables;
quit

[...]

    MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;

    +--------------------+

    | Database |

    +--------------------+

    | information_schema |

    | mysql |

    | mythconverg |

    | performance_schema |

    +--------------------+

    4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

    MariaDB [(none)]>

    MariaDB [(none)]>

    MariaDB [(none)]> use mythconverg;

    Database changed

    MariaDB [mythconverg]> show tables;

    +---------------------------+

    | Tables_in_mythconverg |

    +---------------------------+

    | capturecard |

    | cardinput |

    | channel |

    | channelgroup |

    | channelgroupnames |

    | channelscan |

    | channelscan_channel |

    | channelscan_dtv_multiplex |

    | codecparams |

    | credits |

    | customexample |

    | diseqc_config |

    | diseqc_tree |

    | displayprofilegroups |

    | displayprofiles |

    | dtv_multiplex |

    | dtv_privatetypes |

    | dvdbookmark |

    | dvdinput |

    | dvdtranscode |

    | eit_cache |

    | filemarkup |

    | housekeeping |

    | inputgroup |

    | internetcontent |

    | internetcontentarticles |

    | inuseprograms |

    | iptv_channel |

    | jobqueue |

    | jumppoints |

    | keybindings |

    | keyword |

    | livestream |

    | logging |

    | mythlog |

    | oldfind |

    | oldprogram |

    | oldrecorded |

    | people |

    | pidcache |

    | playgroup |

    | powerpriority |

    | profilegroups |

    | program |

    | programgenres |

    | programrating |

    | recgrouppassword |

    | record |

    | recorded |

    | recordedartwork |

    | recordedcredits |

    | recordedfile |

    | recordedmarkup |

    | recordedprogram |

    | recordedrating |

    | recordedseek |

    | recordfilter |

    | recordingprofiles |

    | recordmatch |

    | scannerfile |

    | scannerpath |

    | settings |

    | storagegroup |

    | tvchain |

    | tvosdmenu |

    | upnpmedia |

    | videocast |

    | videocategory |

    | videocollection |

    | videocountry |

    | videogenre |

    | videometadata |

    | videometadatacast |

    | videometadatacountry |

    | videometadatagenre |

    | videopart |

    | videopathinfo |

    | videosource |

    | videotypes |

    +---------------------------+

    79 rows in set (0.00 sec)

    MariaDB [mythconverg]> quit

    Bye

This command will check that you can access the mythconverg database as
user "mythtv" from your PC's external IP address:

mysql -h 192.168.0.3 -u mythtv -p mythconverg

    barry at Backend-3:~$ mysql -h 192.168.0.3 -u mythtv -p mythconverg

    Enter password: <entered mythtv’s: Z***S>

    ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.3'
    (101 "Network is unreachable")

    barry at Backend-3:~$

    May need to plug in the Ethernet cable to test. Right now I'm
    uncomfortable doing so because of what happened to BE1. Will unplug
    BE'2 tomorrow morning - currently being used to watch TV.

    Looks like we're getting close!!

    Thanks for being patient and the detailed instructions. Will report
    back in with the updates!

    TIA!

    Barry