[mythtv-users] Android frontend for FireTv cube 4k?

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun May 19 14:25:41 UTC 2019

On 5/18/19 7:08 PM, mythtv wrote:
> When I play a movie with digital audio, my amp says it's only
> receiving stereo LPCM.
>
> I tried the build from comment 11. That's the only build I tried
> actually. I have a Fire Stick 4k. I set the audio in Android to Best
> Available. I set the audio output device to AudioTrack in Myth and I
> checked all of the formats. My receiver is capable of decoding all of
> them. It is a 7.1 receiver but I only have a 5.1 speaker setup so I
> set the number of channels to 5.1.

The fire stick 4K automatically detects what the TV can support. If it
thinks that the TV cannot support Dolby output, android will convert it
to LPCM.

Do other apps (e.g. Amazon prime) pass through Dolby digital on that TV?

I suggest trying the audio settings in Android and see if you can force
it to use Dolby output. Also compare results with Amazon Prime playback
to see if your settings work with DOlby pass through.

Peter