Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed May 15 17:42:15 UTC 2019

Hi Bill!

>> Had a thought re: the socket error.? Is it due to having the Ethernet cable to "Backend-3" unplugged? ...
> Not likely.

OK -- figured might be a potential problem.  LIS to Mike I unplugged to
protect myself from the existing system getting clobbered.

> Make sure the DB server is running:
>
>     systemctl status mysql mariadb

We may have found a problem!  Summary as typing vs. copying:

     mariadb .service

     Loaded: loaded

     Active:   failed (result: timeout)

There are four 'Process' lines following which indicate success (they
lie! <g>)

Ohhh-kayyyy: I don't see anything re: MySql service -- with the command
line was sort of expecting two parts.

Maybe not: *service --status-all* only reports mysql (as -, so off), no
mariadb.

Sort of makes sense as someone posted they are essentially the same to
Linux.