[mythtv-users] Getting GUI Error message, when opening the MythTV Browser page.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 14 12:06:24 UTC 2019

On 05/11/2019 01:05 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2019 16:48:50 +1200, you wrote:
>

>> I was too quick, after a second look the GUI loads, but there are Errors on
>> the
>>
>> Under Listings and Upcoming Recordings I get a browser message like :
>>
>> Fatal Error
>>
>> !!NoTrans: SQL Error: Expression #3 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY
>> clause and contains nonaggregated column 'mythconverg.program.endtime'
>> which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is
>> incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by [#1055]!!
> I am not sure why you are having all these problems with the MySQL
> setup, but this one is likely just more of the same.  Take a look at
> this page:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23921117/disable-only-full-group-by
>
> So the first thing to do is to run the mysql command as root and see
> what this command shows:
>
> select @@sql_mode

The root problem here is that you're using a version of MySQL that's too
new for the version of MythTV you have.  If you upgrade MythTV to the
latest -fixes (or, potentially, the latest -fixes of the version you're
using--depending on which version you're using), it will just work.
Note that there's more beyond MythWeb that will be fixed by upgrading to
a version of MythTV sufficiently new for the version of MySQL/MariaDB
you're using.  I don't remember which versions contain the fix, but it's
been a long time, so it's a rather old version.

Mike