[mythtv-users] Only Banners & Fanart

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:41:31 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 10:22 AM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 7:17 AM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 10 May 2019 06:34:59 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>> >Greetings Mythizens, my storage1 drive dropped out yesterday, recordings
>> on
>> >that drive are now red on the FE the drive does not show up in either
>> disks
>> >or gparted, but in files (GUI) I see storage1 under /etc/mnt/mythtv, and
>> in
>> >files I see banners and fanart, no recordings or videos, etcetra. I
>> assume
>> >hardware failure, but partial disk failure? Any ideas?
>>
>> First find the /dev partition name that is on the mount point:
>>
>> df -l | grep -w /etc/mnt/mythtv | awk {'print $1'}
>>

> Initial post has an erronious path:
>  daryl at trieli:~$ df -l | grep -w /mnt | awk {'print $1'}
> /dev/sdc1
> /dev/sdb1
> daryl at trieli:~$
> But these two devices are storage2 and storage3

I've edited fstab to #out mounting storage1, otherwise the system wont
boot. running e2fsck -y /dev/sd**  has got me up and running again. this
time I cant do anything because the disk is not virtually present to the
system, although it is physically present.

daryl at trieli:/mnt/storage1$ ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 root   root   4096 Jan  4 22:36 .
drwxrwxrwx 7 root   root   4096 Sep  8  2018 ..
drwxr-xr-x 4 mythtv mythtv 4096 May 10 10:10 mythtv
daryl at trieli:/mnt/storage1$

Above is the result of right clicking on storage1 in the GUI of files and
selecting "open in terminal". Normally (pre-corruption) storage1 mounts as
/dev/sdb3,(I extended the recordings partition over the boot partition of
my original system drive, hence 3) but because the system does not
recognize it storage2 gets /dev/sdb1 and storage3 gets /dev/sdc1 system is
on an SSD /dev/sda6.
I'm thinking I should physically remove the disk and see if it is visable
with a USB drive mounting hardware? And then run e2fsck -y from there.