[mythtv-users] Mac frontend

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri May 10 08:32:32 UTC 2019

>>> Hi Piotr,
>>>
>>> While I'm very thankful for your posts of compiled binaries, I think the
>>> original poster wanted something I'd be interested in, too: a working
>>> compile script. I've seen vague descriptions of what needs to be done,
>>> but not a completely working script. Perhaps I just missed it, though.
>>> I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
>>
>> Being a bear of little brain (Winnie ther Poo) I do not quite understand what Poitr said:
>>
>> Are you saying you are using MythFrontend-OSX-master.zip with good results? And are using a MW profile?
>>
>> Dan I promise that if I succeed I will make the dmg available and post a how-I-got-this-to-build.
>> I think this version fails to download metadata because it lacks the python bindings.
>
> Back in January, I summarized the problems with Myth v29 on Mac:
>
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2216&start=60#p14335
>
> The main issue is that the project no longer has a Mac-focused developer.  Yes, there is a Mac buildbot and yes the devs try to ensure that the code builds successfully on the platform but that is very different from someone actively using the Mac as at least the frontend.
>
> Unless things change, I believe the Mac port will continue to degrade.
>
> I?m not sure how Piotr has managed to stick handle around these problems.  I know that he applies an extensive set of patches to the official code base for features or behaviour that he wants.
>
> James, it isn?t that hard to _build_ Myth 29 or 30.  As you?ve found it is becoming cantankerous to run.  Especially if I want to support multiple OS versions and have it continue working for a reasonable period of years.

Heh heh Craig I’ve spent some days on this and I am really stuggling.
Initially I downloaded qt and qtwebkit but after a few days I got the macport versions of qt and qtwebkit.
Perhaps I’m being stupid, perhaps I have compiler bugs:

[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv/mythtv [638]% ./configure  --enable-mac-bundle --qmake=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake --extra-cxxflags=-I/Iopt/local/include --extra-cflags=-I/opt/local/include

but despite this I get:

[snip] lots of compile stuff

cd libmythfreesurround/ && ( test -e Makefile || /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake -o Makefile /Users/jam/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythfreesurround/libmythfreesurround.pro QMAKE=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake ) && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -f Makefile
g++ -c -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DPIC -I/Iopt/local/include -std=c++11 -DNDEBUG -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x050300 -msse -pthread -DNEED_HDHOMERUN_DEVICE_SELECTOR_LOAD_FROM_STR -g -Wall -Wextra -Wpointer-arith -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -Wno-constant-logical-operand -Wno-unused-value -Qunused-arguments -Wimplicit-fallthrough -fPIC -std=gnu++11  -arch x86_64 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.12 -w -DMMX -DUSING_APPLEREMOTE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DUSE_FFTW3 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -I../.. -I../../external/FFmpeg -I../libmythbase -I.. -I../.. -I/opt/local/libexec/qt5/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers -I/opt/local/libexec/qt5/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers -Imoc -I/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers -I/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers -I/opt/local/libexec/qt5/mkspecs/macx-clang -F/opt/local/libexec/qt5/lib -o obj/el_processor.o el_processor.cpp
el_processor.cpp:26:10: fatal error: 'fftw3.h' file not found
#include "fftw3.h”

but if I replace fftw3.h with the full path ie
/opt/local/include/fftw3.h

everything is fine until the next (similar) compile fail.

I find this not ‘not that hard’. Who is being silly?

James