[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200ch can't set port

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed May 8 10:05:46 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 5:32 PM DryHeat122 . <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Turns out it's 06:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB23
> IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link)

Well that's at least partially good new that you can rule out a chipset
incompatibility.

BTW, I fixed my permissions issues in the past by creating a udev rule like
the one suggested on the mythtv wiki:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire#.2Fdev.2Fraw1394_permissions

The rule I used successfully added all firewire devices to the video group
and changed permissions to 0664.  I then added mythtv and any other
appropriate users to the video group:
SUBSYSTEM=="firewire", MODE="0664", GROUP="video"

I doubt this is going to fix your current issues, but it'll at least help
you not have to run sudo all the time.