[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200ch can't set port

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 00:14:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 12:35 PM DryHeat122 . <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have gotten 6200ch compiled and am trying to control my Cisco 4742HDC
> with it.  When I try 6200ch -q I get an error:  Couldn't set port, invalid
> argument.  When I run plugreport, it returns nothing, yet the STB is
> connected to the MythTV machine.  Any advice how to troubleshoot this?

wait, I wasn't running plugreport as sudo.  When I did I got this:

Host Adapter 0

Node 0 GUID 0x00e6bc100000241d
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Don't know if the errors are significant.  Tried running 6200ch with the -g
argument and the guid above, but got the same error; however the example
channel change scripts at the bottom of the wiki page
<https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/6200ch>  don't seem to be in octal so don't
know if this was right or not.