[mythtv-users] Channel Scan Issue

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:20:21 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 12:55 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2019, at 3:20 PM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM George Poulson <george.poulson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 15:57, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I am curious why I have not had a problem with the repack.
>>>
>> I have assumed that Schedules Direct just dealt with it.
>>>
>> I noticed the other day that my TV cannot tune to some channels but Myth
>>> is fine.
>>>

>> It would be really useful if someone could say where in the World this
>> issue relates to :-)
>>

> I am in the United States or America.
>

> In that case, I imagine your problem with your tv is that it needs to
> rescan the channels for changes due to repack mentioned earlier in this
> thread
>
> I am assuming that the same antenna is feeding your television as well as
> the mythtv tuners and that the signal strength to the tv and tuners is the
> same.
>
> Antennaweb.org has info regarding channel repack changes.

Right.  TV not working is completely expected.  I have not done a rescan.
Both HDHR boxes and the TV are split from a line coming from a preamp in
the attic so signal is good for all.

What is unexpected is that Myth is working without a rescan.  I see two
explanations:
1)  Schedules Direct takes care of translating channels to frequencies so I
will not have to do anything going forward
2) I don't watch the channels that moved until after I did the reinstall of
Myth and just happened to notice the missing TV channels then.

In case 1 I will not have to do anything on the next repack.  If case 2
then I will need to learn how to do a rescan in Myth.

Anyone know if it is case 1 or case 2?

That link is dead but this one is very useful https://antennaweb.org/Address It
has to be https.

Allen