[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Nvidia Driver Update

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:56:44 UTC 2019

On 3/22/19 12:54 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> I am currently running 0.28-fixes on mythbuntu 14.04.  I have the
> NVIDIA Corporation GK208 [GeForce GT 630 Rev. 2] (rev a1) video card
> with the 340.102 driver.  There is an update available to the 340.107
> driver.  Are there any known issues with this update? Will it fix the
> video artifacts on some NBC stations when using VDPAU?

There is no fix for the mpeg2 pixellation issue, that seems to be on all
Nvidia devices including shield. I am running version 418.43 and the
problem exists there as well.

You can get newer driver versions using the ppa:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

v 396 and above will support NVDEC in Mythtv (master branch)
v 415 and above will support h265 playback using vdpau or nvdec (master
branch)