[mythtv-users] 3TB...poof

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:12:02 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019, 12:01 Ben <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:

I can echo the same sentiment.

> I keep my drives cool to warm -- and I've known installs with low flow
> that have roasted drives to failure.

> Consider running Munin as well and link in the drive temps there to
> monitor them...
>
>   -Ben

I also echo all the sentiments of keeping your drives cool and monitoring
the temperature with S.M.A.R.T.

Regarding an OSX native application, smartmontools itself has a command
line version that should be able to provide it what something like munin as
a continually running logging service would need.

I also did find an application that is native OS X GUI
https://www.corecode.io/smartreporter/ which I believe is a wrapper around
the command line smartmontools.

I hope that all of these great replies from everyone will help to get your
next MythTV Drive continually working for a very long future!

Mike