[mythtv-users] Multi-tenant type of setup

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Mar 15 01:44:57 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 03:46:44PM -0500, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has successfully setup MythTV to be a typee of
> multi-tenant setup.  2 cases:
>
> 1.  Same household, multiple viewers - same recording.  A good way to keep
> user 1 from deleting recordings before they are viewed by all - anyone ever
> come up with a design for this?

As Simon already mentioned, this has been discussed but nothing was
ever done.

> 2.  Different Households - 1 backend (case 1 still applies as well).
> Recording Groups can keep them separate with views, but still #1 would
> apply and step on each other here.

I actually have some experience with this.

We use recording groups to partition the recordings.  Recordings in
shared groups require coordination before they are deleted.  Recording
in groups that are exclusive can be freely deleted at will.

I personally patched the source code so that new, recording rules on
specififc frontends automatically default to a custom recording group.
While writing this reply, I realized I should change that to use a
hsot-specific setting so it could be used by others.

David

--
David Engel
david at istwok.net