[mythtv-users] Multi-tenant type of setup

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 21:48:35 UTC 2019

Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has successfully setup MythTV to be a typee of multi-tenant setup.  2 cases:
>
> 1.  Same household, multiple viewers - same recording.  A good way to keep user 1 from deleting recordings before they are viewed by all - anyone ever come up with a design for this?
>
> 2.  Different Households - 1 backend (case 1 still applies as well).  Recording Groups can keep them separate with views, but still #1 would apply and step on each other here.
>
> Anyone have something similar working with good results?

AFAIK there is nothing to handle either of these cases. There was a thread some time ago here (IIRC it was several years) where it was discussed - discussing ways to make the system multi-user. IIRC there were thoughts along the lines of having a watched flag per user - so each user that flagged the recording rule as "theirs" would need to flag the recording as watched for it to be "watched." I suspect that such functionality is likely to be a long time coming as it's major chnages to the system and the underlying database schema - and it needs devs with the skills, motivation, and time to do it.