[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on Nvidia Shield

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:35:21 UTC 2019

On 3/13/19 2:54 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> Try Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Advanced Playback Settings. Make
> sure AVSync2 is checked then set ANSync2 -> audio correction. The
> default value is 10. This should  fix lip sync within a short time
> after a skip. A higher value will resync lips quicker but could cause
> jitter at other times. A low value will take longer to resync but may
> improve smoothness of playback in general. However is all cases the
> sync should come back eventually.
>
> Another possibility - check Settings -> Video -> Playback -> General
> Playback -> Enable Music Choice. Disable this unless you are watching
> music choice channels. In some cases having this enabled could cause
> loss of synchronization.
>
> Peter

Another thing. I just watched a program where the automatic commercial
skip worked good enough that I didn't do any manual skipping. The lip
sync was good after the automatic skips, but in one of the scenes a few
second after a commercial the actor was saying no and shaking his head
side to side. The lips were in sync, but head motions was a little jerky
like it was filmed at 15 fps. I backed the program up 30 seconds, paused
for a few seconds and then let it run.  The video was fine with perfect
lip sync and no jerky head motion.

Jim A