[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on Nvidia Shield

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:54:21 UTC 2019

On 3/13/19 9:27 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> First off, the Shield TV is a great FE platform.  However, I still
> have a minor issue that annoys me. Luckily there is a fix of sorts.
>
> In the last few days I've received updates on mythtv to version v30
> fixes (2:30.0+fixes.201903101906.60cfb7c~ubuntu18.04.1
> ).
>
> My mythfrontend on Shield tv is 30.0-28....  However, I also received
> an update to the Nvidia console yesterday as well and it's fixed a few
> things.
>
> So mythfrontend on the Shield TV has one remaining issue as I see it.
> I generally watch recorded OTA mpeg2 programs with too many
> commercials. So I skip ahead and backup a lot.  At the end of each
> skip-ahead-a-few-minutes/back-up-a-few-seconds operation, I find I
> still have a lip sync problem.  It's off just enough to make me think
> I'm watching a dubbed foreign film, or very drunk.
>
> It's easily fixed by pausing a second and the hitting play again.
>
> Is there a setting in the frontend that would do the equivalent of
> that for me?
>
> This is not major issue, but I live to find problems and fix them. :-)
>
> Jim A

Try Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Advanced Playback Settings. Make
sure AVSync2 is checked then set ANSync2 -> audio correction. The
default value is 10. This should  fix lip sync within a short time after
a skip. A higher value will resync lips quicker but could cause jitter
at other times. A low value will take longer to resync but may improve
smoothness of playback in general. However is all cases the sync should
come back eventually.

Another possibility - check Settings -> Video -> Playback -> General
Playback -> Enable Music Choice. Disable this unless you are watching
music choice channels. In some cases having this enabled could cause
loss of synchronization.

Peter