[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE -> multiple instances of mythfrontend

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 11:08:36 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 08:50, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> I think it should be exiting if it sees a zero result from the pidof
> command.  So maybe it should be changed to something like this:
>
> pidof mythfrontend.real 2>&1 >/dev/null
> pidof_retcode=$?
> if [ $pidof_retcode==0 ]; then
>   wmctrl -a "MythTV Frontend" 2>/dev/null
>   wmctrl_retcode=$?
> else
>   wmctrl_retcode=1
> fi
> if [ pidof_retcode==0 || wmctrl_retcode==0 ]; then
>   exit 0
> fi

Thank you, that looks great.

It did cross my mind to change the logic there, but I was wary about the
idea of going even further down the hole.  Having thought about it a bit
more, I think if Allen tests this by modifying the in situ mythfrontend.sh
(after making a back-up for quick reversal, if necessary) and finds it
solves the problem, then you (or I, if you would prefer not to spend the
time doing it), can submit this as a patch to the mythbuntu team, which. if
accepted, will mean a future upgrade won't cause him any issues.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ian