[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE -> multiple instances of mythfrontend

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 06:22:28 UTC 2019

On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 at 05:25, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 8:45 PM Ian Cameron <mkbloke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> https://pastebin.com/wpge3BMs

Thanks.

There is something I haven't checked with you yet.  When you first boot the
system, you are automatically logged in to LightDM, but then, do you start
the front-end manually, or is it started automatically at that point?

I thought the most likely candidate was this one but I was put off by the
> date of 2007
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythfrontend.sh
>
> https://pastebin.com/yE6mautf

You're right, it does restart the front-end in the event of a crash.  I'm
just trying to work out what starts that wrapper.

Cheers, Ian