[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 22:17:50 UTC 2019

Correction: What I did was verify that I could change a key and test it,
then put an action that I verified would kill mythfrontend in and set the
key to irexec. Didn't do anything.

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 1:20 PM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 6:57 PM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> One alternative is to use lirc to assign a button on your remote to
>> kill mythfrontend.real.  Lirc can be set up to run scripts using
>> irexec.  The script would do a ps -e and find any running copies of
>> mythbackend.real and kill them.  Then the mythfrontend script would
>> see that mythfrontend.real had died and would restart it.

Stephen
I have tried this without success.  Here is what I did.
1) I modified a key config action to escape
2) I verified that the key was now the escape key
3) I  modified the same key definition to run irexec and changed the config
action to "killall mythfrontend.real"
4) The key did nothing. Myth did not close and the pid did not change
5) I copied the config action to a terminal and it killed mythfrontend

By the way, myth does not restart when I kill it.

This is not exactly what you told me to do but it seemed like it should
work.

Allen