[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:00:01 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 10:22 PM Ian Cameron <mkbloke at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 05:48, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I guess I deleted too much of the first text I wrote.  I do have
>> autostart set and when I power up Myth starts without any prompt. I only
>> get the prompt on restart from my new CTRL-ALT-Backspace key sequence.
>>

> From what I can see, this is designed-in behaviour on the part of LightDM,
> as per:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/lightdm/+bug/1396824
>
> The solution there is probably your best bet for trying next, i.e. adding:
>
> display-stopped-script=pkill lightdm
>
> to the SeatDefaults section of lightdm.conf
>
> Cheers, Ian

I changed the subject line in my replay so maybe that started a new
thread.  Just wanted to reply in this thread and say thanks that fixed the
logon problem but I still have the multiple instances of mythfrontene.real
running.

Almost every time I do my CTRL-ALT-BS test without me killing myth I get a
new instance of mythfrontend.real.  I did 10 tests and had 9 mythfrontends
running.

The other thread has more information. If I violated protocol, I apologize.
I wasn't sure what was best.

Allen