[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:40:09 UTC 2019

Stephen,

I ran the command on /dev/sdb1 and it made its 5 passes and gave a
summary.  It was very quick. I am used to fsck taking hours to run. I
didn't time it but I would say under a minute.  At the time of day I killed
the power, Myth wasn't doing anything that I know of. The last show we
record was over more than an hour before. I used a clonezella bootable DVD
and exited to a command prompt to do the test.

On the CTRL-ALT-Backspace, I guess I am just going to try some things.
Entering commands on a terminal to either shut down Myth or X is not what I
am looking for.  If I could have a key sequence that killed just
mythfrontend that would be even better but killing X is fine.
CTRL-ALT-Backspace is probably faster than opening a terminal, finding a
pid and killing it and a lot more wife friendly.  Full disclosure:  I am
talking about my wife only, not commenting on the ability of woman in
general.  My daughter could handle it.

Allen