[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 06:45:16 UTC 2019

I upgraded from Mythbuntu8 to mythbuntu18. X just froze and we used to use
CTRL-ALT-BS but I know it has been removed.

I have been Googling this and found that this was replaced by
AysRq-rightAlt-K but that doesn't work. Then I found a nice gui checkbox
that restored it but that isn't there.  I found several different files I
could create, all different, and the instructions below that look like they
might work but I don't want to blow up the system so can someone tell me if
this is correct for Mythbuntu 18? (I modified it slightly to use nano).
Basically I found almost a dozen ways to enable this in xfce but they were
all different.  In the past very bad things happened when I just followed
online instructions.  That is why I am asking for help

Thanks,

Allen

Enable the key combination Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

   1.

   Open the Terminal and run sudo nano /etc/default/keyboard
   2.

   Find the line:
   XKBOPTIONS=""
   3.