[mythtv-users] mac osx

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Fri Mar 8 05:50:37 UTC 2019

> On 8 Mar 2019, at 1:07 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> Have you tried the Frointend from here:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Mac_OS_X#Pre-built_Downloads

I am about to. Ive been using

MythFrontend-OSX-29-fixes.zip

[Haycorn] /Users/jam [122]% /Applications/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/MythFrontend --version
MythTV Version : v30-Pre
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20170212-1
QT Version : 5.5.1
Options compiled in:
 profile using_corevideo using_backend using_bindings_php using_darwin using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_libdns_sd using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_opengl_themepainter using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_profiletype using_appleremote using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libmp3lame

> I've been using a MythFrontend on my Mac for a long time and don't suffer any crashes.?

The irritating thing: I use it with High Sierra on my mid 2011 iMac 27 where is is rock sold and never falters

I use it on my (new) mac book (also High Sierra)  where it often crashes on menu->scan (5 times in 15 min, then not for hours). I do get crash reports that (I’ve not yet studied in detail) but the seem to show QT stuff in the trace back

Lets see the dmg from sourceforge
James