[mythtv-users] MythTV miscalculates the amount of free disk space

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Mar 2 12:34:10 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 11:19:29 +0100, you wrote:

>All,
>
>In my previous message I talked about problems encountered while adding
>new disks (storage groups). Having now done that, by adding them
>manually to the database (while all mythtv processes were down) I would
>like to report another problem.
>
>The two new disks are completely identical to each other: same size
>SSDs, the ext4 filesystems have been created within seconds of one
>another, both contain only a mythtv directory in the filesystem root,
>and the disks are otherwise empty.
>
>According to mythweb, the backend thinks that the two new disks are in
>fact one and the same disk - see Drive #3 in the following:
>
>Disk Usage Details:
>  MythTV Drive #1:
>    Directories: dracor:/mnt/disk4/mythtv, dracor:/mnt/disk4/mythtv/livetv
>    Total Space: 3,755,457 MB
>    Space Used: 3,605,479 MB
>    Space Free: 149,977 MB
>  MythTV Drive #2:
>    Directory: dracor:/mnt/disk5/mythtv
>    Total Space: 3,755,457 MB
>    Space Used: 3,609,826 MB
>    Space Free: 145,630 MB
>  MythTV Drive #3:
>    Directories: dracor:/mnt/disk7/mythtv, dracor:/mnt/disk8/mythtv
>    Total Space: 1,877,665 MB
>    Space Used: 95,469 MB
>    Space Free: 1,782,196 MB
>  MythTV Drive #4:
>    Directory: fe4:/mnt/disk6/mythtv
>    Total Space: 840,342 MB
>    Space Used: 805,131 MB
>    Space Free: 35,211 MB
>
>Weird.
>
>Jan

Are you sure that you have your fstab lines correct for those two
drives?  If you did a copy and paste on the lines, maybe you did not
change everything correctly in the second one and it is actually also
pointing to the first drive.  MythTV would see that and list both
mount points as being on the same drive.