[mythtv-users] Videos in database not appearing in UI

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 02:21:57 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 9:48 AM Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 19:12:29 -0400
> Dave Badia <dbadia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Presumably they come & go every time your crontab runs.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that was the point of keep the hashes
in the table.  Rows that already exist stay even if they got moved.  That
way the video list isn't empty every time a scan is run.   (I have ~5800
videos so scans are slow)

That sort of thing can occur when using a MythVideo path pointing to
> the Video storage group and NFS/directory permissions aren't set up
> properly.
>
> See https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2333&p=11372

Read through this and was very promising as I've been running myth since
the pre storage group days and used to have the FEs load videos via samba
shares.  I've recently migrated the FEs to FireTV sticks, but then recalled
that the old FE settings are still in the settings table which could
trigger the double scan... but looking at the setting table all FEs have
either empty data or the default Video path for the FIreTVs
(/share/Movies/dvd), which, from what I read, should be OK.  I probably
should clean up the old FE settings anyway

> IIRC "mythbackend -v file --loglevel debug" should log the video scan

Will add this to my verbose param, think I already have debug on for mysql