[mythtv-users] MCE/HID remote double events

Zach Cutlip uid000 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 22:12:46 UTC 2019

Awesome, thanks, Stephen.

I'll give those a try; I may have missed some of the Lirc components.

The reason I gave up on lirc is my old lirc setup has more or less
stopped working since updating to Ubuntu 18.04 and MythTV 29 (and now
30). I think you an I emailed about this a bit on the list a few
months back, but I had a Tivo Series Two config (same harmony remote).
I did get lirc going again after the update, but Myth is super
unresponsive with it, missing or ignoring something like 80% of
events, even when 'irw' sees all the events. I never got to the bottom
of it, but when learned the evdev thing works out of the box with MCE
remotes, I wondered if a lirc-free life might be simpler. I'm happy to
consider either option though. Whatever it takes to get things working
again.

Zach

--
:wq!