[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend crash

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 07:45:57 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 3:24 AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 09/06/2019 05:57, Kane Tse wrote:
> > Long-time user, forced to reinstall recently due to a hard drive crash.
> >
> > Now using Fedora 30, MythTV 0.30.
> >
> > When I play recordings from my HDHomerun, or imported HD recordings,
> > they playback fine.
> >
> > When I attempt to play recordings that are to be lower resolution, the
> > frontend crashes to desktop.  These are typically the lower-resolution
> > recordings from the SD days.
>
> 'glamor textured video' suggests that you have radeon hardware and I
> know nothing about that.  Have you tried making changes in
>
> Frontend Setup > Video > Playback > Current Video Playback Profile ?
>
> There should be options covering different resolutions, but what we see
> will probably not be the same.  Others may be able to be more specific.
>
> John P

I'm using pretty ancient hardware, a Gigabyte G41M-ES2H that has an
on-board Intel GMA X4500, so no Radeon hardware.   Up until my OS HDD died
last month, both the on-board video and the existing MythTV playback
profile worked fine under Fedora 26 and MythTV-0.27.

I tried editing my Playback profiles.  I was previously on the "High
Quality" profile, and it has one sub-profile for 1920x1080 (and greater),
and another one with no resolutions listed, presumably for the resolutions
lower than 1920x1080. I deleted that second sub-profile and removed the
resolutions limit for the 1920x1080 sub-profile.  Nothing changed -- HD
recordings play fine, but lower resolutions ones seems to crash to desktop
faster.

Here's what I have in my "High Quality" profile.

Width Range: >=1920*
Height Range: >=1080*
Video Formats: (blank)
Frame Rate Range: (blank)
Decoder: Standard
Max CPUs: 1*
Deblocking filter: (checked)
Video renderer: xv-blit
OSD rendered: softblend
OSD fade: (unchecked)*
Primary deinterlacer: linear blend
Fallback deinterlacer: linear blend
Custom filters: (blank)

* indicate values I've tried playing around with, to no effect.

Thanks for anyone who looks at this.