[mythtv-users] Mythtv-setup in master: sorting of channel list output

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:23:30 UTC 2019

On 30/07/2019 12:19, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> I like the idea of sorting the Updated, Inserted and Skipped channel
> lists also. It is a bit more work as these are printed out when
> encountered and not collected into a list that can be sorted. In the
> meantime you maybe want to try out the latest features I've added:
> keep existing channel numbers and "OK All". Described in ticket
> #13472.
>
> Groetjes,
> Klaas.

Thanks for the reply - and the reworking.  I had a feeling the sorting
might be more complicated;  since everything is present, and the initial
list *is* sorted, there's no real problem.

I have a229c27 running with DVB-T and DVB-T/T2 systems, and rescanned
this morning.  Channels marked as 'possible' were dropped but reinserted
after another single-transport scan marked them as 'probable,' and all
seems good.  I didn't have to respond to any new features.  The
transports that sometimes give trouble are transmitted at lower power,
and wet trees are another variable factor.

Recently I have skipped the setup steps other than the channel scans,
because it looked as if nothing there had changed and a lot of time
seems to be spent looking for features that I know I don't have;  there
was another recent post asking about that, and some TLC there would be
good - but with my fairly basic systems the overall experience  has been
greatly improved.

Cheers,

John P