[mythtv-users] Adding HDHR devices using v29

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 20:54:53 UTC 2019

I recently upgraded my system from v28.x to v29. The upgrade went without a
hitch. For other reasons I decided to delete my HDHR dual tuners before
adding my new HDHR quad. Now, I got it done but it took forever. The first
timer went reasonably fast. The second one took about a minute after I
pressed new tuner. Screen turned dark, finally came back. Each subsequent
tuner took more time. By the time I got to tuner #6, it was 20-30 minutes.
Do I have something misconfigured? Anyone else experience this?

Looking at the mythtv setup log, it's searching for something via several
different methods with fairly large timeout values during the add new tuner
function.

Regards,

Ken Emerson