[mythtv-users] Linux: Replacement for lirc_zilog driver

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jul 22 09:42:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 22:34:20 -0400, you wrote:

>So with the upgrade to 18.04, it isn't just that LIRC was broken - They
>took the entire lirc_zilog driver way.
>
>They replaced it with ir-kbd-ic2, the notice is here:
>https://www.mess.org/2017/12/18/What-s-coming-in-v4-16-for-rc-core/
>
>So now it doesn't use the lirc.conf I was using to send IR blaster
>information from the HDPVR to my STB.  I did see in the dmesg the notice
>"add enable_hdpvr parameter", so I created /etc/modprobe.d/ir-kbd-ic2.conf
>with the line
>
>options ir-kbd-ic2 enable_hdpvr
>
>I now use my script that I used before and it lights up the HDPVR and no
>errors are generated - but also, no information is sent to the STB.
>
>Has anyone found documentation on how to use this driver to send blaster
>information via the HDPVR ?

My Ubuntu 18.04 is running kernel 4.15 (4.15.0-54-generic), so the
changes on the above page are supposedly still in the future when 4.16
arrives.  Maybe Ubuntu has backported the changes to their version of
the 4.15 kernel?

In any case, it looks like the new driver is available and you are
getting it to do something.  So the problem is likely in your lirc
configuration, which has all changed in the new lirc version.  So what
do you have in the main lirc config file
(/etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf)?  What driver file do you have loaded in
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf.d?  Do you have an IR remote input as well as the
blaster on the HDPVR?