[mythtv-users] Status of Win32 builds for MythTV

ajp at cantabrian.co.nz ajp at cantabrian.co.nz
Mon Jul 22 09:12:37 UTC 2019

<seven at seven.dorksville.net>  > wrote:

> [...]
to  > >>> be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.

> >> compiling using Visual Studio.  I was able to successfully compile  >
>> everything using master and the 2019 >Community version  (the free one)
of  > >> Visual Studio.

> >> talks about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not
working  > >> because QT doesn't >have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer
versions of  > >> Studio.  It also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because
of lack of  > >> support for inline assembly in Studio.  However, I was able
>to compile a  > >> 64-bit version without compile issues, so perhaps the
myth source has  > >> conditionals for that now.  Compiling a 64-bit app
gets around the QT issue  > >> I assume.

> >> .vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)  > >> - there were a
dozen .pro files that needed QT += >widgets in them.  There  > >> was
conditional code in them that was not adding them.  Not sure why  > >>  > >>
I was using QT 5.13.0.

a solution file that I could then load in Studio and  > >> compile.

or  > >> link errors.  I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup
for  > >> that right now.  If you want my git >diff output, let me know.

> > > Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test,
although  > > I'm still running version 29  > >  > > Also which version did
you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?

> > > also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
> > link to your fork atleast  > >  > > Cheers,  > >  > > Anthony  > >  >  >
I'd be happy to share binaries.  I built >against master, but I could switch
> to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
> >
> > I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my
.pro  > file changes without really understanding why they weren't working
as they  > were.  Why didn't the >following include widgets?  I had to move
the widgets  > line outside the condition for the code to compile.

> > contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {  > QT += widgets  > }  >  >
Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.

> > Thanks,
> > Jerry
>
>Thanks!
>Would be really great to have it all merged in so that we can build on your
effort and not recreate the wheel.

>I am surprised that there is not more of a demand for a Windows version --
I would think there would be many people out there like myself that have a
Linux server but still have Windows >laptops... and it's great to watch the
video directly on MythTV over Windows rather than having to download the
video to my laptop and run mplayer...