[mythtv-users] Channel scan to add new channel not working

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 02:09:06 UTC 2019

I need to do a channel scan to add a new channel in Australia (SBS World
Movies), but UI'm having trouble getting it to work.

1) If I try to initiate a scan from Channel Editor I only get IPTV as the
Video Source and it won't let me change it. So I can't initiate a scan of
my DVB channels from there.

2) So I went to Input Connections and chose one of the 4 tuners (I have a
HDHomerun Quad). I click Scan For Channels and Full Scan as the Scan Type.
But the scan is o9ver in about 3 seconds and it says "Failed to find any
new channels!"

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong here? I think I must be following
the wrong process for a channel scan.