[mythtv-users] Mythweb missing menu items

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 20:30:07 UTC 2019

On 16/07/2019 20:26, bhaskins wrote:

> On 7/15/2019 3:59 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 15/07/2019 03:54, bhaskins wrote:
>>> My (very) old Mythtv backend has just lost it's hard drive so I am
>>> trying to setup a new I3 box.
>>> My Normal usage is to program shows from my HDHR Prime using Mythweb
>>> and then use any one of several frontends for playback.
>>> The problem is that the part of Mythweb that show " recorded",
>>> "manual record", etc is totally missing and it is showing a error
>>> that the TV is not set up yet. "No TV Configured"
>>> This will be a backend only so I'm confused by this.
>>> Hdhomerunconfig,gui works fine.
>>> What am I missing?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>    Bert
>>
>> Backend-only installations have given problems in the (distant) past.
>> Perhaps install frontend packages?  Or give more details.
>>
>> John P
> The frontend is installed and it can't find any channels either.
> That seems to be the problem, I can't setup any channels and if the
> starting channel is 0 that of course won't work.
> There seem to be many items missing in setup that were there in previous
> versions and the online documentation refers to these previous versions.
> Im sorry but I can't remember how I did this last time.
> Thanks,
>    Bert

It looks as if your replies have been off-list.  That's not a good idea
because I don't use mythweb or networked tuners.  But the list regularly
has posts with network tuner problems caused, IIUC, by the backend being
started when the first device comes online instead of waiting until all
devices are available.  I start the backend and frontend manually -
which works for me;  others may be able to improve on my guesses.

Cheers,

John