[mythtv-users] The video format served by MythTV

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Jul 11 12:38:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 11 2019 at  6:11 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10 2019 at 18:12 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:

[...]

> A moment ago I asked Oculus about the formats supported by Gallery.

Oculus responded quite quickly: the supported formats are listed at

https://support.oculus.com/164308327569416/#faq_164308327569416

namely

    mp4 m4v 3gp 3g2
    webm mkv wmv avi

> Perhaps I should switch on auto-transcoding in the Recording Profiles?
> To say the truth, this part of configuration is a complete mystery to me
> despite reading https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_Recording_Profiles.

There is a lot of information concerning transcoding on the MythTV wiki,
but I find it rather confusing. Anybody willing to provide some
fool-proof guidance?

Best regards

Janusz

--