[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 05:05:46 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 8:53 PM Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 8:45 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It looks like this is the problem:
> > >
> > > <ChannelName>KQD^@</ChannelName>
> > >
> > > I looked at the http://yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/wsdl and its
> > > not immediately clear how to use that to delete a recording. If anyone
> > > has some pointers to identifying and then deleting those recordings,
> > > that would be helpful.
> >
> > See: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVR_Service#DeleteRecording
> >
> > You can use curl again. If the <RecordedId> is in available, it's easier.
> > Otherwise, you need ChanId and StartTime. Something like:
> >
> >    curl --data RecordedId=fromYourDump yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/DeleteRecording
> >
> > I assume KQD is one of the "other channels" you cleaned up in a previous
> > post.
> >

> Excellent - thanks for reference to delete the recording.
>
> I think KQD is one of the other channels I cleaned up.  I've got a
> recording going on now but when its done I'm going to check.
>
> It looks like I have quite a few showings recorded from the KQD
> channel - its in the list output from curl 10+ times.  Can I perform
> surgery on the SQL database to remove the problem character and save
> the recordings or is that going to cause other problems?  I can think
> of two ways to do this - 1) straight SQL commands or 2) make a backup
> (which I'll do anyway), make a copy of that, modify the copy and the
> restore the copy.

KQD was linked to the same 39_1 CTN channel.  Interestingly, this is
one of the old Houston channels.  So I'm not sure how that got messed
up.

I figured with a backup there wasn't much harm I could do - so I tried
method 2.  It worked.  The "KCQ^Q" showed up as "KQC\0" in the sql
dump in two different places.  After changing that back to just "KQC"
and restoring that backup, I'm able to see all my recordings on my
frontend again.  Thanks a ton to all of you for the help.

My RPi Kodi setup doesn't seem to be able to connect back to my MythTV
machine now.  But I'm guessing this is unrelated.