[mythtv-users] Restore Database from Old Database Files -- No Backup

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:58:18 UTC 2019

All:

I've got a bit of an odd issue.  I had a functioning mythtv system and went
for a hardware upgrade (motherboard and chip), but not disks.  All seemed
to go well, and I thought "why not upgrade from Fedora 28->29 too?"  The
gods did not smile on my upgrade and I was left with a non-bootable OS.  At
that point, I made a full backup of both the root and home partitions as a
precaution.  I reinstalled Fedora and mythtv, but only then discovered that
my cron job for backing up mythconverg had died in November and I hadn't
noticed.

However, I still have a full set of files in
/backupdisk/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg (e.g., "recordedprogram.MYD,
recordedprogram.MYI" etc.).

First, is it possible just to move these existing files over to the newly
created /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg directory?  If not, iis it possible to
point mythconverg_backup.pl at this backup directory to create a backup
file that mythconverg_restore.pl can work with?  And if all of that fails,
does anyone have any other suggestions?

FYI, I'm on myth 0.29.

Thanks,

George