[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 30 14:42:47 UTC 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 07:12:39 -0700
Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:11 AM Roger Siddons
> <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 21:48:43 -0700
> > Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I found that channel - 39-1, Christian Television Network - and edited
> it.  The Channel name was cut off and the call sign has some spaces
> (or other non-displaying characters) at the end.  I shortened the name
> and got rid of the spaces in the call sign.
>
> I also found other channels with weird characters in the call sign -
> the displayed as rectangles.  I deleted those too.
>
> Not that I expected it to work, but I still can't see my recordings.
> How to I go about cleaning out the database now?

Try getting the channels via a browser

http://yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Channel/GetChannelInfoList

If that fails (as before) then the last channel listed needs fixing.
Repeat until you see an XML list of channel data.

Then try the url for recordings again.
When you get an XML list of recordings (might take a while for browser
to parse) then the frontend should work again.

How did you update your channels originally ?