[mythtv-users] V30 frontend on Raspberry PI3 B+

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:58:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 22:27, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not been successful with LiveTV on Mythtv.  It works most of the
> time, but you will have issues at some point. Since 99% of my use of Mythtv
> is watching previously recorded programs and that works almost flawlessly.
> I've looked for other Live TV solutions.My main TV has a PC, RP3, and a
> Nvidia ShieldTV all connected to it. I experiment with the PC and RP3. On
> the Shield I can run Mythtv Frontend, and  Kodi for recorded TV, and for
> LiveTV I can run ProgTV or HDHR view. I've been more successful with
> setting up a program that I want to watch live as a Recording and just
> watch 10 secs behind real time. I find that more reliable than Live TV.

My preferred way to watch LiveTV with Myth is to use Kodi with the Myth PVR
plugin.

It works well with my UK satellite setup - the channel listing and schedule
has a nice visual 'feel' (now I have all the channel icons set up properly)
and [satellite] radio channels are also very nicely segregated into Kodi's
'radio' section.

OK the pause/skip performance isn't so great but for me that is less of an
issue with live than with recordings, for which Myth frontend is my choice.