[mythtv-users] Shield fronrend and video playback times

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:52:05 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:44 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 1/29/19 10:06 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:40 AM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:07 AM Stephen Worthington <
>> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>> in
>>> the end

>>> symptom.  I
>>> and
>>> the end

>>> but not as

>>> know

>>> immediately.

>> This channel is marked as commfree here as well (since it never has
>> commercials).

>>> In the past when I have had a file like this, running "mythcommflag
>>> --rebuild" on a recording has usually fixed it.  That trick may only
>>> work for older similar problems, but it is worth trying.  I have a
>>> user job set up with this command that makes it easy to do that for a
>>> recording file:
>>

>> It only happens on my Shield.
>>

>>> mythcommflag --rebuild -f %FILE%
>>>

> It just happened on ABC (WFAA here in D/FW).  The Good Doctor (even though
> the track shows "The Bachelor" inside it).
>

> I just went in to check "The Good Doctor" from last night. It started
> playing from the beginning and no issues. When I went into edit mode and
> loaded the commercial cut list it should 4 or 5 of them. I didn't watch the
> whole thing, but it seems normal to me. Mine was recorded from ABC 11 in
> Raleigh-Durham, NC using a HDHR Connect tuner. Shield TV frontend was
> v30-983.
>
> Jim A

Just to avoid confusion, playback is always OK.  The issue is the time
calculation.  It was 59:57 long and about 45 minutes into it, I pressed
Info to check it.  The bar shows 59:57 of 59:57

This makes it impossible to set a correct bookmark and also skip to the end
(which is when I usually find this out since I care less about the drama
portions (very end of most shows), but do like the technical medical stuff,
etc...

Commskipping works until the jump occurs.  I frequently pause/play and set
bookmarks depending on what I am working on at the time (I use the TV for
background while I work every day) and also what show is on and whether or
not I hear something intriguing I want to revisit later when I can pay
attention to it.

I have been quite busy since I put the frontend on this new Shield, so have
not actually watched a lot of TV while I work.  When I am actually just
watching TV and not bookmarking/play/pause, etc - I doubt I would ever even
notice :)

-Greg