[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 05:00:30 UTC 2019

> I can remember a bug that could do this to you, but I think it was
> fixed before 0.27.  And crashed database tables can cause this, but
> you have already checked for that.  You may have to delve deep and
> turn on the database logging options to see what queries are being
> done and then run those queries manually yourself to see what the
> results are.  You should probably run find_orphans.py and see what
> problems it can see in the database - but until you know what is going
> on, I would not recommend letting it do any cleanups.

I'm not great with databases but I can give that I try.  If you have a
pointer to some more details about database logging, I'd appreciate
it.  I trying adding "OPTIONS=--enable-dblog" to
/etc/sysconfig/mythbackend and restarted the backend.  But I'm not
seeing anything in /var/log/mythtv/ that looks like it has database
commands.