[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 04:48:08 UTC 2019

> >  > What exactly do you mean by "none actually show up"?
> >  > Are there no recordings listed, or are they showing
> >  > with an X icon and can not be played?
> >
> > There are no recordings listed.
> >
> >  > Check that you have not accidentally changed the Group
> >  > to a group that does not contain any recordings.
> >  > M (menu) > Change group filter and select "All programs".
> >
> > I already checked that and I'm on the "All programs" filter group.
> >
> >  > Check that your storage group directories are accessible.
> >  > You can do that manually, or you can run mythtv-setup and
> >  > on exit it will complain if it can not see all of the
> >  > storage group directories.
> >
> > I only have one storage group and its accessible.
> >
> > [root at c6 ~]# ls -ld /tv/recordings/
> > drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32768 Jan 27 17:13 /tv/recordings/
> > [root at c6 ~]#
>
> Possible hostname change or change to the <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
> line in one or more config.xml files?

I don't think that is the issue.  My host name hasn't changed and all
of the config files I can find are quite old.

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root    631 Dec 14  2014 /etc/mythtv/config.xml
-rw-rw-r--  1 dvicker dvicker 631 Feb 20  2017 /home/dvicker/.mythtv/config.xml
-rw-r--r--. 1 root    root    627 Jul  3  2013 /root/.mythtv/config.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 root    root    513 Nov  1  2014 /var/lib/mythtv/config.xml