[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jan 28 02:35:47 UTC 2019

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 17:21:01 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a very old setup that I've been running mythtv on for years.
>
>Centos 6.10 running kernel 2.6.32-754.9.1
>mythtv-0.27.4-9.el6.x86_64 originally installed from screpo
>
>I haven't touched the setup in a very long time and its been working
>great.  But I recently moved from Houston to Denver so I made some changes
>to my channel setup.  That went fine and for a while everything was
>working fine - all my previous recordings were there and new shows started
>recording too. The program guide now shows the Denver channels and I can
>run "mythbackend --printsched" and it shows the upcoming recordings.  But
>at some point all previous recordings disappeared.  I can hit "M" in the
>"Watch Recordings" menu on the front end (running on the same machine) and
>it shows 200+ recordings in the "All recordings" group, but none
>actually show up.  I've run optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to
>help.  I've also looked though the logs and there is nothing obviously
>wrong there either.  I would like to try to upgrade MythTV to the latest to
>see if that helps but I didn't have much luck getting it compiled, which is
>why I used screpo in the first place.  But for a long time I've run into
>dependency problems with the repos when I try to upgrade myth so I've been
>stuck on 0.27 for a long time.  Any other suggestions would be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Darby

What exactly do you mean by "none actually show up"?  Are there no
recordings listed, or are they showing with an X icon and can not be
played?

Check that you have not accidentally changed the Group to a group that
does not contain any recordings.  M (menu) > Change group filter and
select "All programs".

Check that your storage group directories are accessible.  You can do
that manually, or you can run mythtv-setup and on exit it will
complain if it can not see all of the storage group directories.