[mythtv-users] upgrading from v29.1 to v30

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:42:50 UTC 2019

On 1/25/19 12:05 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 8:57 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com
> <mailto:john.hoyt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:53 AM Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com
>     <mailto:veehexx at zoho.com>> wrote:
>
>         ---- On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 16:42:26 +0000 *John Hoyt
>         <john.hoyt at gmail.com <mailto:john.hoyt at gmail.com>>* wrote ----
>

>             On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:28 AM Tim Draper
>             <veehexx at zoho.com <mailto:veehexx at zoho.com>> wrote:
>
>                 is 30 a stable release? https://www.mythtv.org/ says
>                 29.1 is latest.
>                 It's not a problem, just i personally prefer to use
>                 stable releases than pre-release but also dont want to
>                 be missing out on the latest and greatest :)
>

>             No it is not.
>

>         humm,sure on that? :)
>         https://www.mythtv.org/wiki says 30 is stable! I only found it
>         on the wiki after my post so while you confirmed my original
>         thought on which version is stable, the discrepancy between
>         those two official pages is confusing.
>

>     Nope not sure :)  The devs usually send out an announcement to
>     this list. Clearly I'm behind on the latest news.
>

> Version 30 is the latest stable release. Looks like an announcement
> was missed.
>
> That said, I wouldn't update to version 30 from the PPA until the
> build after Jan 25th if you have an HDHomerun device.

Ops!  I just updated from the PPA and no immediate issues and I have
HDHR tuners. Of course, there are HDHR tuner issues on v29.1 if you are
using mythhdhrrecorder external recorder. I was told that there are some
fixed in v30 that might help that.

I'll be sure to again tomorrow in case I missed something.

Jim A