[mythtv-users] RAID 1 mirror with mythtv backend???

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:05:32 UTC 2019

As far as I know you can simply take the mirrored RAID drives from one
computer and place these in another computer.  As long as the software
for the RAID is installed in the OS for the new computer, the RAID
should be recognized when the computer boots up.

Note that I have not tested this, but I have built RAIDs using a single
non-RAID drive, and then added another drive to create the RAID 1 mirror.

If you are curious about this process then see the following article I
wrote:

Setting Up RAID and Migrating MythTV Recordings
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-setup-raid

Curtis